woensdag 21 februari 2018

Truffle Coat Pattern Tour - for me and MinnieMie

**** Hi! 
As I'm participating in an international blogtour, my blogpost will be in English this time :-) ***

Some time ago, I received a kind email from Lara Sanner,  patterndesigner and blogging on The Sewing Recipe. She told me that she would be launching a new pattern very soon; the Truffle coat, designed in both mommy and kid-sizes.

I hesitated a bit because sewing coats are not my true comfort zone (coats are no "one evening" projects if you know what I mean) but I'm a sucker for twinning projects so I decided to go for it and not only sew one coat, but two.  Exaggerating is my style I guess...



Yes, it's the same pattern, but due to my fabric choice, the result is very different!

I bought a wonderful laminated cotton fabric with unicorn design (scooooooooore!!) at our local fabric store, De Gouden Flamingo. The print is designed by Rico Designs.
 My first plan was to sew a swimming bag for Eloise but a raincoat is way cooler right?



The lining is a simple cotton fabric with houndstooth print which I scored at De Stoffenkamer. I felt the black and white combined very well with the subtle black and white unicorn drawings.. and it was on sale so double win!

Eloise is 5 years old and 116cm tall. She is a rather slim girl and according to the sizing charts, I had to opt for a size 4. After a long debate with myself, I decided to sew size 5 and I'm very happy I did so because the fit is perfect. The fabric is rather stiff and in this way, she still has room to move - which is very important for kids.


For my own Truffle coat, I used dry oilskin fabric, bought at De Stoffenkamer.
I bought the last piece of this color so it's no longer online I see but they still have it in other colors.


The pattern comes with several options and while I kept Eloise's version very simple, I went all the way on mine. Plackets, pockets, topstitching, you name it - I did it.

I'm thrilled with how this jacket turned out and I received a lot of compliments on it already, sooooo nice!!!




For me, I used size 38. According to the sizing charts, I would be between 36 and 38 but I figured a raincoat can be a bit looser so that's why I went for the bigger size.


The lining is used for my version is again plain cotton, blue and white stripes.
Very clean, I like it.





We are very happy with our new Truffle coats and I'm happy that I have persevered. In the end, these were indeed no "one-evening projects" - I spent one week on each coat, sewing every night a couple of hours that is - but the result is so good.... The guidelines are clear and the pattern guides you to a perfect result. There is even a sew-along on Lara Sanner's blog!

Thank you Lara for having us in your tour!

Pattern: 

Fabrics:
Mini: Laminated cotton - Rico Designs

Buttons via K-bas


16 opmerkingen:

  1. wauw, ik vind ze prachtig! en ik zet er zo eentje voor mezelf op de planning, hoe mooi is die van jou wel niet?!?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh echt supertof !!! Ik krijg zin om er ook een te maken!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. jouw jassen zien er beter dan winkeljassen uit! Heel mooi afgewerkt en samengesteld. x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. ja scooooore! Met beide versies! En weeral wat grenzen verlegd, met het inslaan van die drukknopen ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Echt hele mooie regenjassen, je zou bijna (not) hopen dat het regent 😉 ik hoop ik ieder geval dat de temperatuur stijgt zodat je ze kan beginnen dragen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wauw ... wat een mooie jassen! Heel knap gedaan.
    En prachtige foto's!
    Groet, Ilse (by-ik.blogspot.nl)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wauw! Wat een werk moet dat geweest zijn. Zo hard fan van jouw versie!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Su-per-stylish! Ik ben langzaamaan een jassenmaker aan het worden, maar deze perfectie ga ik toch niet snel kunnen evenaren.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Als je dit ziet zou je al spijt krijgen als het weer warm genoeg is om zonder jas buiten te komen, KEI-KNAP!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Wauw, zo wil ik er ook wel eentje...ik vind in winkels nooit de regenjas die ik zoek. Maar hier kruipt wellicht ontzettend veel naaitijd in dus dat schrikt me wat af. Knap, hoor!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Die jas van jou: indrukwekkend! Zal wel zijn dat je er al veel complimenten op kreeg, zo knap.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Echt super mooi! Ik ben vooral fan van de jouwe.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Bedankt dat je kwam kijken! Thank you so much for your visit!